Five year old daughter hears voices
My five year old daughter hears Voices of 2 young boys and she also sees them. She can tell me what they look like and there are imaginary places they live. She tells me the boys tell her to say she hates her life and she should kill herself and she wants to die. They also say to her that they want to gut the whole family with a knife and punch us. If she gets in trouble at school she blames the boys for throwing the chairs or hurting other kids. Sometimes she doesn't even remember doing some thing even though she did it a moment before and we caught her. She is always blaming her brother for hitting her even though he does not. She has a blank stare when we talk to her and sometimes she is scared to sleep. Once in a while she will sleep walk. She has a terrible attitude. I can't make out what is going on. I can only think it is Schizophrenia, or multiple personality.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.