The Mission of River Valley Counseling Center’s HIV/AIDS Project is to support those affected by HIV/AIDS and to promote community awareness of the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
RVCC provides comprehensive, bilingual case management, mental health counseling, Peer support and other supportive services for HIV/AIDS positive people and their families at sites in Springfield and Holyoke.
The Project provides for HIV/AIDS positive people:
- Information, assessment, and referral services
- Comprehensive, bilingual/bi-cultural case management for medical and social services
- Peer led HIV/AIDS support groups: Men’s group, Women’s group, General group, and LGBTQ group revolving around consumer chosen topics, such as stress relief, medical adherence, financial stability, disclosure
- Individual one-to-one HIV Peer Support and Outreach
- Access to mental health services
- An array of housing services, including housing search and advocacy, applications for rental assistance and homelessness prevention funds, assistance with applying for Low Income Housing, such as Section 8 and HIV/AIDS Project based subsidies
- Referral to certain legal services through the Law Consortium
- Printable PDF Brochure